The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) is tasked with creating great places to live and work, and to give more power to local people to shape what happens in their area. It was formerly known as the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
MHCLG is a ministerial department, supported by 12 agencies and public bodies.
In the context of energy assessment, MHCLG are responsible for Building Regulations in England.
- Statistical data set: Live tables on local government finance 7 December 2023The latest data tables on local government finance.
- Statistical data set: Historical and discontinued planning live tables 7 December 2023Historical and discontinued tables on planning applications.
- Statistical data set: Live tables on planning application statistics 7 December 2023Live tables for statistics on planning applications at national and local planning authority level.
- Guidance: Fees for planning applications 6 December 2023Fees guidance: explains planning related fees and the method of calculating them.
- Guidance: Determining a planning application 6 December 2023Sets out process and expectations on planning performance and decision making.