The Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government (MHCLG) is tasked with creating great places to live and work, and to give more power to local people to shape what happens in their area. It was formerly known as the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
MHCLG is a ministerial department, supported by 12 agencies and public bodies.
In the context of energy assessment, MHCLG are responsible for Building Regulations in England.
- Guidance: European Social Fund: eligibility documents 20 October 2021Eligibility documents for the 2014 to 2020 European Social Fund.
- Guidance: Local government structure and elections 19 October 2021Information on the different types of council and their electoral arrangements.
- Guidance: Building Safety Bill: factsheets 14 October 2021These factsheets provide more information about key provisions in the Bill.
- Policy paper: Building Safety Bill: draft regulations 14 October 2021These draft regulations provide Parliament with more detail of our intentions for secondary legislation.
- Guidance: National Model Design Code 14 October 2021The National Model Design Code provides detailed guidance on the production of design codes, guides and policies to promote successful design.