Approved Documents set out what may be accepted as reasonable compliance with the relevant Building Regulations in England to which they refer. Following the guidance in an Approved Document establishes a presumption of compliance with the requirements covered by the guidance. However, compliance is not guaranteed. The guidance may not apply if the particular case is unusual in some way.
Approved Document F covers the ventilation requirements for buildings. Further information and free pdf versions of the Approved Documents can be found on the Gov.UK website.
Other Approved Documents for England
- Approved Document A
- Approved Document B Volume 1
- Approved Document B Volume 2
- Approved Document F
- Approved Document G
- Approved Document L1A
- Approved Document L1B
- Approved Document L2A
- Approved Document L2B
- Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide
- Domestic Ventilation Compliance Guide
- Non-Domestic Building Services Compliance Guide